Better Solutions for IT Support in Edinburgh & Lothian Area
Originally formed in 1998 Data Computer Services (DATA) provides a completely tailored IT support service to fit all types of businesses. With offices located in Edinburgh our highly trained and specialised team provide transparent, effective and accessible IT services so that our customers can understand and relate to IT in their own business.
Currently providing Ad Hoc Support with our exclusive Pay As You Go IT and Unlimited IT Contract Services - DATA have been able to provide significant savings on traditional IT support costs to businesses without it affecting the level of service provided. Our IT packages include a free yearly network service, prioritised customer support service and additionally free IT support to business owner’s personal computers.
Whether you are sole trader, charity or company with multiple offices we have a package to suit your business objectives which can also help eliminate all IT concerns. We will provide you with a friendly, reliable and honest IT service so that your business can feel safe and secure moving forward with technology!
Cloud ServicesDoes Cloud Services fit your business? We are partnered with many of the leading Cloud providers.
Web DevelopmentWhat factors do you need to consider before deciding on a web developer? DATA offers cost per page & fixed cost design packages.
Business IT Support
Covering all aspects of IT related services available in today's constantly adapting market DATA provide's onsite and remote support to businesses throughout Scotland. Our engineers are friendly, enthusiastic experts ready and willing to get the job done efficiently with minimum disruption to your office environment. Additionally our IT packages and costs are very competitive and provide you with a guaranteed level of service. We know IT can be technical, frustrating and complicated at times to businesses but our goal has always been to provide a clear optimised service aimed at simplifying IT enabling us to work together for the direct benefit of our customers, their businesses and of course their customer base.
"Without their expert guidance we would have wasted valuable time launching our business."Beaumont Associates Ltd
"DCS were by far the best in terms of the advice they gave us and the products they recommended."Trust Recruitment
"DATA have managed and maintained all of our IT requirements for more than 10 years now and we have always found their service to be first class."Connell & Connell WS
"The team at DATA are professional, knowledgeable, very efficient and deal with requests in a timely, effective and friendly manner. They are a real asset to my business."Fiducia Legal
"The advice and support provided has been excellent, and we have been extremely impressed with the timescales to which any issues have been responded to."Scottish Landlords Association
"Nothing seems too much trouble and we are extremely pleased with both the service and the costs involved."M&F Scotland
"We have used DATA for over 6 years now for all our IT requirements, and are very pleased with the service we have received."GL Floors
For businesses choosing to move their current in-house services or who may be looking for a more robust platform compared to their traditional hosted services, we find that Cloud services provide an alternate option for all. Moving to The Cloud has been well marketed and documented - there is a lot of opinions on the use of Cloud services but we do feel that finding the right Cloud Host Provider, coupled with comparing ongoing costs to one off costs, are two of the main areas that should be reviewed before any decisions are made for your business.
There is no right or wrong answer to using Cloud services - it is more about whether or not "it's the right fit for your business”. If it does fit then we are partnered with many of the leading Cloud providers to provide and manage your services in The Cloud.
There are a lot of factors to consider before deciding on who is the best choice of supplier to help develop and design your website. You may well think it would be as simple as looking at some examples and saying you are happy to proceed, unfortunately if the process was this simple there would not be so many companies who have become frustrated and confused by the whole web development process.
Fortunately here at DATA we have listened carefully to new customer's previous experiences. We not only offer a competitive package, but we also offer peace of mind to customers so that they know we will do everything in our power to make sure that their experience with us is pleasant, stress-free and that should any issues occur they will be dealt with in a timely and efficient manner! We want your experience of Web Development to be good (enjoyable) for everyone to be involved and as part of a team, that's what we strive to achieve.
Our current website development services offer:
- We offer a Bespoke (Unique) Design Service
- We do not charge for any design work until we have prepared a draft page that you have confirmed that you are happy with
- We offer cost per page & fixed cost design packages
- Our sites are prepared for website optimisation
- Packages also include photograph licences (if required)
- We have “in-house” designers & coders available so no need for third party involvement
Some of Our Site Examples:
IT Staff Support Service
Many larger businesses will either have their own IT department or have other offices / customers that are based in Scotland. For many years DATA has been providing an IT staff support service to businesses whether it’s for holiday cover, project support or working on behalf of another business.
Not only do we understand the importance of integrating our staff effectively into “your” office environment but we have also put together very competitive costs so that our service is beneficial and affordable to your business. Our staff are very happy to work under any guidelines required so that work is completed as seamlessly as if it was done by your own business or employees.
Please see costs below for your consideration:
- IT Department Support – Engineer Onsite at £120+VAT per half day or £240+VAT per full day.
- Business Office / Customer Support - £48+VAT per hour + Call Out charges if outside Edinburgh and Lothian’s Area
VOIP Telephone Systems
Voice Over IP Telephone Systems offer businesses advanced communications between offices and workers. Developed to bridge the gap between traditional telephone systems and computer network communications Voip Telephone Systems give customers opportunities to not only lower call costs but to manage and integrate their office communications better.
Currently partnered with 3CX Data can provide a user friendly Windows Telephone system installed on your server or workstation PC which will communicate with your all IP telephone handsets and mobile devices in or out of the office.
Here are some of the benefits:
- No phone wiring required - phone handsets can plug in directly to your computer network
- The phone system has the flexibility for you to make use of traditional phone lines, VOIP internet calls or a mix of both for your incoming and outgoing calls
- The 3cx console is the first Windows based system and can be easily managed by your office IT staff to make any changes to your telecommunications throughout the year
- Multiple offices or teleworkers can connect via internet together so that there is no cost for internal calls between offices or workers
- 3cx also allows you to make external calls via a Voip provider which will also save you up to 50% on your existing phone bills
- 3cx provides a multitude of corporate phone features including voicemail by email, auto attendant, mp3 on hold music, call queue and many more
Connell & Connell WS
Scottish Association of Landlords
Beaumont Associates Ltd
Why Choose Us
There are many reasons why we believe you should consider DATA as your preferred IT support company, one of the main reasons is that we really do care about our business and customers - so much so we are always willing to go that extra mile to make sure you are happy with the service you are receiving and are continously looking at ways we can improve and stay ahead with technology.
Our business has been built on an honest and hardworking ethic - choose us and you can trust that your business is in safe, reliable hands.
Types of BUSINESS IT Support
Pick a plan that best suits your needs.
AD HOC Support
- No Callout charge in the Edinburgh & Lothian’s Area
- No Contract Required
- Contact Us
Pay As You Go Contract
- No Monthly Costs
- Reduced Hourly Rate
- Service Level Agreements
- Prioritised Service
- Free Yearly Network Service & Report on your
- Free Labour Support on Business Owner’s
Personal Home Computer
- 12 Month Exclusivity Agreement As Your IT Provider.
- Contact Us
Unlimited IT Support Contract
£20+vat/ per month per device (discounts available)
- Covers all Hardware & Software Support
- Includes new Installations of Software or Components
- One Monthly Fee covers all IT Support Costs
- Server Support available from £50+vat per month
- Contract includes an Annual Network Service & Report
- Proactive Monitoring & Maintenance Services Included
- Contact Us
Business IT Support
- Non Contract (Ad Hoc Support) Clients - £60+vat per hour onsite or remote
- Pay as You Go Contract Clients - £48+vat per hour onsite or remote
- Unlimited IT Support Contract Clients - From £20+vat / per month per device (discounts available)
- Proactive Monitoring Service - £42+vat per annum per device (included in unlimited contract)
- Domain Registration & Management Service £20+vat per annum
- Office 365 Subscription – Costs are paid directly to Microsoft via our Microsoft Partner Service
- UK Cloud Exchange Mail Hosting - £60+vat per annum per 125GB mailbox
- UK Basic Cloud Mailbox - £36+vat per annum per 50MB Mailbox.
- Microsoft Outlook for Exchange - £20+vat per annum per licence
- Security Certificate for Mail Servers from £50+vat per annum
- Mail Server Relay / Backup MX Service £40+vat per annum
- Windows Cloud Website Hosting £75+vat per annum
- Linux Cloud Website Hosting £75+vat per annum
- Virtual Servers – From £40+vat pcm.
Remote Cloud Backup Service
- Workstation Backup 150GB storage with standard backup tools £15+vat Per Month
- Workstation Backup Unlimited storage with standard backup tools £25+vat Per Month.
- Server Backup 150GB storage with server backup tools £45+vat Per Month.
- Server Backup Unlimited storage with server backup tools £55+vat Per Month.
Design & Programming Services
- Website Admin / Design or Coding Half Hour Rate - £24+vat per half hour
- Website Admin / Design or Coding Hourly Rate - £48+vat per hour
- Full Website Design Service - from £750+vat
- Full Website Design Service (With Content Management System) - from £1250+vat
- Per Page Design Option (1-4 pages max) - £150+vat per page.
With offices located in Portobello High Street DATA currently provides a free in house diagnostic service to home users. We cover all types of home pc repairs including: virus removal, operating system reinstalls, spyware removal, internet setup, registry faults, file recovery and hardware issues.
Our offices also stock a wide range of pc components including pc’s, laptops, monitors, hard drives, routers and printers. Additionally our services include home visits for customers who need out off hours support in repairing or setting up their home computer system.
If you are looking for an IT provider who has "all" available IT services under one roof,
who also provides a friendly and reliable service and gives you IT leading prices then please look no further !